Friday, October 9, 2009

Why Can't We All Be Proud and Say Congrats Mr. President?

President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize today based on what he promised and how he has succeeded thus far. He has reached out to all nations to bring the US into diplomatic relationships based on trying to maintain peace and respect for each. It is truly a noble beginning. His acceptance speech says it all.

As an American, I am extremely proud that our President achieved this honor. And terribly disappointed that our media and politicians have to analyze this prize. We don't have control over this prize. What right do we have to question this? Who are these people?

Frankly I am so sick of our politicians and media outlets who question everything and do NO objective, factual reporting to allow individuals to make their own views based on this info and fact. Instead the pontification is so great, it has reached the unbearable. There is no celebration of good. There is only destruction of any morsel of pride and good.

It reminds me of my Aunt when I was growing up. She LOVED to be the one to spread the bad news...it made her feel important and in fact, my mother was the same way.

So my question is: are all these politicians, pundits, media shows and outlets so damn insecure they have to make more drama than necessary???

This is why so many of us retreat to reality shows that are now our fantasies because the true reality is made unbearable. Give me Project Runway (even though I miss Nina Garcia), Top Chef, The Amazing Race,  and Iron Chef.

Of the media and so called news shows, who continue to sap up any and all positive energy in this country, and world, and treat us, their viewers as tho we have not a brain in our heads by telling us their opinions versus reporting facts,  may I say....et tu brute?

More to come..................

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I so completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I completely agree and think that news should have a positive slant if they have a slant at all. I am all for intelligent, informed optimism and drama-embracing news just makes me stop watching news period!

    ReplyDelete