Friday, May 8, 2009

Rain, rain go away

It's been raining here in Baltimore for what seems teh entire week. But I think the sun is up this morning. Yeah! Today my PTO (vacation time) paycheck is supposed to arrive. Hurray! Next week severance checks, all 3 of them start. Hurray! Today seems like Saturday to me but then what do I know. Not working, not paying attention to days.

But am getting my hair cut today and paying bills....a true cleansing of the mind. Yesterday was tough as I got a letter from Social Security saying I have to pay $180.00 for Medicare A and B monthly. What? Medicare hardly covers anything. Usually its $96.40 a month but they got my last year's taxes and say I made too much. Excuse me, that was last year. I am unemployed people. I went to the office in my area and got it fixed sort of. I just refused it and delaying part B. Part B covers doctors visits. I have COBRA (I think still have not gotten anything in the mail yet). I am amazed by how people who are supposed to help you through these times, just don't seem to care. Not the Social Security people, they are just doing their jobs and are always very pleasant. But the administrator of our health plan and COBRA are really short tempered and unpleasant to deal with.

I think I will make them trees.....I had this thing that if someone is nasty, I should not be fueled by their stupidness and behavior. I should not expend energy on them. So I make them a tree...oak, maple, whatever. Then they are part of the enviroment but not up to me to care for them...its up to the powers above. But, in the initial bad time when I make them a tree, just before I let go of them, I envision a dog urinating on them. I laugh, and they are gone from my mind.

And so it goes, the list of trees gets longer, but I let go more easily. And the sun will be out!
Have a great day and great Mom's day everyone! More to come.........................

2 comments:

  1. Health insurance is the true American nightmare.

    Virtually everyone administering a "health plan" is obtuse and unpleasant. It must be a job requirement, as if the whole "system" isn't threatening enough already. Someday, we'll thank them, though. The thousands of pointless miseries they've enjoyed inflicting on Americans have paved the way for a better system--eventually.

    I'm going to try making trees the same way. That's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make them trees? I have never heard of this, but I think it's awesome! I have two dogs, so I can get certain trees really soaked. Ha! Thanks for the technique.
    I'm really glad that horrid rain is over. I thought I was gonna die.

    ReplyDelete