Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Tree is Planted in MD; Views from the deck




It's a good weekend in Md. The Preakness is today.....I would love the long shot to win yet again and he may since it is going to rain, yet again, here. Lots to do and am excited about planting herbs, veggies, maybe even fruits on my deck. My friend, Ronni Bennett of http://www.timegoesby.net/, inspired me on her blog: The Recession Garden. I call mine, the RIF or Disclocator Garden.



So far I have 1 tomato plant, cucumber bush (still in seedling pot), chives, cilantro, oregano, dill, basil, hot banana peppers, squash. I just ordered a strawberry and blueberry bush (thanks to Ronni). Not finished setting this up but working on it. See pictures below:




The grass is soooo green from the rain. The view is filled with trees (squirrels) and the comings and goings into this small suburban neighborhood. I cannot wait for these to bloom and eat truly fresh veggies, herbs and more!
This wonderful, inspiring little garden has dispelled the anger on yet another debacle in the trials and tribulations of starting over after a RIF(reduction in force). Some idiot in HR at my former company told unemployment I quit and was not laid off. The ramifications of this? I am not eligible for unemployment until this is corrected. Unemployment is working on this. Hopefully, it will be rectified. So, in my mind, this person is now a tree....perhaps a birch? The good news: a new tree is planted in my mind, a virtual forest of jerks. My way of letting go.....more to come.










1 comment:

  1. I love the garden - and the forest of fools. :) I hope things get resolved for you quickly with the unemployment. So far, I know you, my sister, my cousin, and my son impacted by this economic mess. Some say it should be turning around soon - we can only hope that is both true and the jobs return with the turning as well!

    You are inspiring me to get going on the garden as well. Actually, I think I will buy the plants and see if I can get my dear husband to plant them. Cooperation - that's the ticket! :)

    Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete