Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I learned since the RIF

RIF= reduction in force. I hear more are on the way and worry about my colleagues. Sad times. But I have learned a lot since leaving on tax day.

What I learned:

I have friends I never realized I had

People are so good and share info on jobs

There are a lot of us out there

I can survive

There are also some negatives (unfortunately), some people don't keep promises and don't care about you once you are gone.

COBRA and health insurance are a disaster, at least in this instance. I could say more but am thinking twice.

There are a lot of people who should be planted in the forest of fools so I am thinking I will create a virtual place to plant them. More to come.

Rainy day here but looking forward to meeting friends for dinner...good things will come. There is always something to be thankful for. Here's just some of mine:

Healthy family and friends
Wonderful kids and grand kids
Exceptional friends who don't forget me
A nice home with nice neighbors
I am alive


What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for my family, for my children and grandchildren, for the wisdom that I have learned in this life, for the true belief that anything and everything is possible, for the sunshine and for trees, for the internet that makes distant new friends possible, and Nancy, for you and your perspective and thoughts.

    Hugs to you this morning!

    ReplyDelete