Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Forest of Fools Alive and Well in Health Coverage

I feel like I am losing my mind here. It's 7 weeks since layoff and still no COBRA. This is outsourced by my former company. When I call I get a voice mail. I have left voice mails every single day for the last 3 weeks after completing all that I was told to do. Still nothing. They never call back. And my former company cancelled my health insurance even though I committed to COBRA and was willing to pay in advance so I have no health insurance.

I have allergies and asthma. This is my worst season for grass and trees. To refill meds would cost me over $600 not to mention going to doctor which I did and cost was over $100. The HR dept response: pay for it and it will be reimbursed. Ha! Have you ever dealt with bureaucracies? I have. It's a nightmare for reimbursements. Who cares? Obviously no one in the health administration company with whom my company affiliated.

So today, I added their names to the Forest of Fools where I plant a tree (all in my mind) and I actually visualized a huge group of ferocious dogs urinating on the trees. I feel much better now though I still don't have health insurance.

The Forest of Fools is a place to let anger go.....I am considering launching a website for this. I know there are thousands, if not millions of people who know fools. It will be my donation to the world to let go of anger and to put these inconsiderate, non-customer service oriented people where they belong.

The good news is that my "recession garden" filled with herbs, vegetables and fruits are growing!! Of course, these are not trees, and I'm no fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment