Saturday, June 27, 2009

Of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness: ramblings

Bailey (my son's dog) goes home today. I have to say that Bailey has endeared himself to me, especially after I had him groomed and the massive hair sheds stopped. I remember how much I loved dogs now. I will actually miss him.

So much going on in the world. Today is just a ramble, no rhyme or reason. Farrah is gone. Knew it would happen, yet sad. She became a symbol of fighting a rare form of cancer with no defined cure or remission treatment. Her documented struggle was both inspiring and sad. Yet she could fly across a continent because she had money to do this. Health care coverage would not cover this in our country. For most of us, the catastrophic coverage clause would have kicked in and been maxed out. We need health care coverage NOW. And, if the government does implement a public plan as an option, Medicare as we know it should stop and be combined in the public plan.

In a country where age discrimination is not endorsed, why do we have separate health coverage for those over 65? There should just be a health coverage plan for those who do not have access to employee or group health coverage. The risk could be shared among the 42 million Medicare recipients and the 40 million uninsured. 80+ million subscribers/members of a health coverage plan would be the largest group in the US. Private plans should be allowed to offer coverage to this group also. And all health plans should be staffed by health professionals who actually have experience in health care. No bureaucrats should be allowed!

Moving on to Michael Jackson...I said this was my rambling. I remember the Jackson 5 and Micheal. Yes, I loved their music. Yes I thought Michael was a genius but his loss of childhood, his eccentricity, his obvious psychos0cial needs were unmet and not supported. No child in a normal family would have been allowed to do or participate in what he did. The enormous unstructured purchases, the lavish spending and the desire to be with children were symptoms that were allowed to go unchecked because he surrounded himself with leeches who never helped him but enabled him. A very tragic figure....a musical genius and by some accounts, a great strategist with business acumen that was contradicted by his insatiable needs. And, probably killed by a narcotic overdose administered by a physician who sadistically enjoyed being a personal doc to a very needy human being. Obviously these are all my opinions. Time will tell. I hope the media backs off and especially leaves his kids alone. They are already pontificating about doing DNA to see if these kids are really Michael's. Who cares. Let's just listen to the music and forget the rest.

Iran: too much to fathom. I feel for the Iranian people who are struggling to make their voices heard. So much going on..........

More to come.........................

1 comment:

  1. I have been watching Charlie's Angel reruns, listening to (and watching) Thriller, and remembering my younger days. And I am with you, wishing good to Iran. Busy busy world.

    ReplyDelete